Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Reflecting..PT 2...Moving Forward




Reflecting- To give evidence of the characteristics or qualities of someone or something


You're the only one I wish I could forget

The only one I love to not forgive

And though you break my heart

You're the only one


Broken Hearted by Beyonce


We begin with the process of accepting things for what they are. So now that we have released all those ill thoughts, negative tension. Have you let it go?
Now what? Where do you go from here is now your choice. Not decision because based on your next action, your life can either blossom or stagger. You can’t keep asking where you went wrong. You now look forward to what lies ahead.
Do you take time out to know the importance of what is needed? Of true self? Yes. I did. A long time! Yes, I know (some still don't believe me), to just reflect on who you are. And for the record, best decision I've ever made. (Well besides being saved) We forget about the little things when trying to please another, or too focused on what this and that one is doing.
Have you ever felt that all you do is give and give? Or think what happen to me? Why is this happening to me? But why not let it happen to you. These experiences are the most rewarding you will ever get out of life. It strengths you, encourages you, uplifts you. Its like breathing fresh air.
Take this moment and ask yourself these questions: what makes you laugh? Cry? (Besides a break-up) what are your likes? Dislikes? Do you know? Once you come to the conclusion of those questions, watch and see this person blossom into the person you need to be. I call it the butterfly effect. For what was just a little bit, after nourishment and love becomes a beautiful creature.
Can I tell you a secret? A man I've known for almost my entire life just found out my likes and dislikes. That says a lot doesn't it? Some are just so absorbed in their own s*** that they never sit back and just appreciate the minor things in life.
That is probably one of the saddest parts of ones being, to not reflect on all the things, past, present, and near future. To just embrace it with open arms. Not saying this will be an easy process, but it’s your test. Feeling trapped in your own being, not knowing what tomorrow holds, depending on others for critics. This can put an individual down. True story.
But there is always room for improvement but there has to be improvise, because no matter what age, learning is a process that should truly be appreciated. Its a great feeling to know something that you just didn't know a second ago. To share your experiences and thoughts with others. To one day know that your story will be another’s encouragement.
That's when you know you have released the situation, the people,the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment